Built in the second half of the 6th century, with a typical Ravenna-like polygonal apse, the church was dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas (Pula, Istria)
Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas in Pula, Travel Guide for holidays in Pula, Istria
Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas, Pula – Points of interests
After its radical reconstruction around 1200, it was assigned to the Greek Orthodox community in Pula in 1583 formed by immigrants from Cyprus and Nauplion: Today it belongs to the Serbian Orthodox church. It keeps the iconostasis of the Greek master Tomios Batos from the 18th century, valuable icons and other objects.